Are German Shepherd mixes good dogs?
Whether they’re short-haired German shepherds or long-haired, these canines make excellent guard dogs and usually get along very well with children. Throwing in a mix to this breed just strengthens and enhances these naturally appealing traits.
What is the best German Shepherd mix breed?
Best German Shepherd Mixes
- Golden Shepherd. Parents: Golden Retriever x German Shepherd mix. …
- Shug. Parents: Pug x German Shepherd mix. …
- Chow Shepherd. Parents: Chow Chow x German Shepherd mix. …
- Labrashepherd. Parents: Labrador x German Shepherd mix. …
- Gerberian Shepsky. …
- Corman Shepherd. …
- Shepweiler. …
What is my German Shepherd puppy mixed with?
To tell what your German Shepherd is mixed with, compare the coat features, body type, muzzle, ear, and tail shape, to those of other breeds. Monitor behavior, ask your breeder or a vet, or use a breed DNA kit. German Shepherds are often mixed with Golden Retrievers, Labs, Poodles, and even Pugs.
What are common German Shepherd mixes?
The 16 Popular German Shepherd Mixes
- Golden Shepherd (Golden Retriever x German Shepherd Mix) …
- Shug (German Shepherd x Pug Mix) …
- Chow Shepherd (German Shepherd x Chow Chow Mix) …
- Labrashepherd (German Shepherd x Labrador Retriever Mix) …
- Rottweiler Shepherd (Rottweiler x German Shepherd Mix) …
- Shollie (German Shepherd x Collie)
Are German Shepherd mixes healthier?
It is generally believed that mixed breeds have a longer and healthier life than their purebred parents. This example has also been proved in the case of the German Shepherd mix.
How do you take care of a shepherd mix?
Routine Care, Diet, and Exercise
- Supervise your pet as you would a toddler. …
- She needs a thorough brushing at least weekly most of the year. …
- German Shepherd Dogs generally have good teeth, and you can keep them perfect by brushing them at least twice a week!
- Clean her ears weekly, even as a puppy.
Are German Shepherd mixes good with kids?
Yes, a German Shepherd is child-friendly and enjoys children when properly socialized and trained. They are a highly intelligent breed that is specially selected throughout history for their loyal, watchful temperament with their families.
How much does a German Shepherd mix cost?
The average cost of a German Shepherd Husky mix puppy is from $800 up to over $1,500, depending on where you live and on the achievements and pedigree of the puppy’s parents.
How long do mixed German Shepherds live?
The average life expectancy for the German Shepherd dog is between 10 and 13 years.
How big will a German Shepherd mix get?
Most weigh in at 60 to 95 pounds and range in height from 20 to 27 inches at the shoulder. That said, many can be smaller or larger.
How much exercise does a shepherd mix need?
Your German Shepherd will need a minimum of two hours of exercise every day. This should include walks and off-lead exercise in a safe area, with extra playtime and training on top to give them a good variety.
Are German shepherds aggressive?
The German Shepherd breed is known for their aggressive behaviors and tendencies. In fact, they are often touted for this behavior and it is utilized to make good, strong guard dogs. This does not mean that you want to encourage this aggressive behavior as it can be incredibly dangerous.
What is the smartest dog?
- Border collie. According to The Intelligence of Dogs, which ranks 131 dog breeds in terms of their relative intelligence, the border collie is the smartest dog breed known to man. …
- Poodle. …
- German shepherd. …
- Golden retriever. …
- Doberman pinscher. …
- Shetland sheepdog. …
- Labrador retriever. …
What do I need to know about German Shepherd mixes?
Lab German Shepherd Mix Overview
- Size – 22 to 25 inches tall and 50 to 80 pounds.
- Coat – Medium length, double coat, color varies.
- Shedding – Yes.
- Lifespan – 10–14 years.
- Temperament – Intelligent, active, and loyal, but can be wary of strangers.
- Trainable – Highly, but prone to destructive behavior when bored.
Are German shepherds good family dogs?
German shepherds can be very gentle companions and family protectors with proper training and socialization. It’s an ideal breed for active households and the intelligence and protective demeanor of this breed can make it a good choice for families with children (as long as the dog is properly trained).
Do shepherd mixes shed a lot?
Some breeds and their mixes shed constantly. The German Shedder — I mean Shepherd — is among the worst. But shedding is normal, and you can’t stop it with a simple food addition.
At what age is a Shepsky full grown?
Gerberian Shepskies grow quickly when they are puppies; if you start a growth chart, you’ll notice that they can get up to 25 inches tall at the shoulder by the time they are 2 years old….Gerberian Shepsky Size and Weight.