What predictability means?
Definition of predictable 1 : capable of being predicted : able to be known, seen, or declared in advance a predictable reaction/outcome a very predictable plot changes occurring at a steady and predictable rate. 2 : behaving in a way that is expected I knew he would say that. He’s so predictable.
What are the uses of predictable?
1) The snow had a predictable effect on traffic. 2) The film’s plot is predictable and the acting is mediocre. 3) This was a predictable reaction, given the bitter hostility between the two countries. 4) The ending of the book was entirely predictable.
How do you use continually in a sentence?
Continually sentence example
- She blushed continually and was irritable. …
- On the contrary I continually reproach myself…. …
- I was continually spelling and acting out the words as I spelled them. …
- It is continually receiving new life and motion from above. …
- Even the oldest trees put out continually new leaves and twigs.
What kind of word is predictable?
PREDICTABLE (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What is another word for predictability?
In this page you can discover 6 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for predictability, like: unpredictability, robustness, stability, coherence, variability and uncertainty.
How do you find predictability?
The key to using a predictability chart is to take the range of possible delivery dates and apply them to your team’s work. Then, when you’re asked to provide an estimate of how long something will take, you can turn to the chart — instead of making an arbitrary guess.
What is an example of predictable?
Predictable definition The definition of predictable is a person for whom it is easy to anticipate actions, or something that is easy to foresee or anticipate what it will do. An example of predictable is a person who always shows up late. An example of predictable is the sun rising every morning. Able to be predicted.
Is being predictable a good thing?
Someone or something that’s predictable brings comfort, provides reassurance, and builds trust. Predictability communicates stability and helps reduce anxiety.
What is a sentence for unpredictable?
The weather there can be unpredictable – one minute it’s blue skies and the next minute it’s pouring rain. The hours in this job are very unpredictable – you sometimes have to work late on very short notice. She’s very unpredictable so there’s no knowing how she’ll react to the news.
How do you use enrolled in a sentence?
How to use Enrolled in a sentence
- She needed to get enrolled, but she had done nothing. …
- Howie enrolled at Keene State College.
This was a man who was living ostentatiously above his means, extravagantly above his means. I think that they are extravagantly high and do grave social damage. I do think that is a most extravagantly exaggerated proposition. One must remember that we are all extravagantly minded.
What is the sentence of affect?
Smoking tobacco can adversely affect your lungs and blood flow. Hugs can affect a person’s immune system in a positive way. How much a student studies will affect his or her grade point average.
What is the opposite of predictable?
Antonyms. unpredictable uncertain evitable uncertainty unsure. inevitable certain sure.
Why is predictability important in business?
When you have predictability in business, consistency is created. This minimizes churn while leading to greater trust between leaders and teams, increased confidence in your organization from customers and stakeholders, and a sense of higher reliability.
What is prediction English?
A prediction is what someone thinks will happen. A prediction is a forecast, but not only about the weather. Pre means “before” and diction has to do with talking. So a prediction is a statement about the future. It’s a guess, sometimes based on facts or evidence, but not always.
What is predictability in psychology?
Predictability describes the likelihood at which an event is going to occur. When a person predicts something they are guessing what will happen in the future based on past results and events.
Are inevitable and predictable synonyms?
inevitable Add to list Share
- adjective. incapable of being avoided or prevented. “the inevitable result” Synonyms: fatal, fateful. …
- adjective. invariably occurring or appearing. “the inevitable changes of the seasons” Synonyms: predictable. …
- an unavoidable event. “don’t argue with the inevitable” type of: destiny, fate.
Which would be the closest antonym for the word unpredictable?
antonyms for unpredictable